Spring is here! Now that the temperatures are starting to remain closer to that beautiful 70-degree mark, it’s the ideal time to get some spring cleaning items checked off your to-do list! See the helpful checklist below to get you prepared for the season ahead!
- Head outside and take a walk around your house. Look for tripping hazards such as uneven walkways, loose banisters or stairs that have some damage.
- While you are outside, take a minute to look at your roof. Check out this video from our very own, Rob Baughman on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X2zTuSNMLs
- Clean your gutters & downspouts. Remove any debris so that all water can be properly diverted away from your home. We’ve got another great video for you on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3pI3zPPBm8
- Remove and clear away any damaged tree branches that are close to your home, fence, or other structures. Clearing these away now may help you prevent damage from a future storm.
- Clear any debris that has collected in and around your outdoor air conditioning unit. If you have bushes that have overgrown, it’s a good idea to trim them back so the unity can function at its best.
- It’s a great time to get your outdoor living space ready for the seasons ahead! Sweep and clean porches, do some weeding and update your mulch if it’s needed. Adding some spring plants and colorful pillows are a great, easy way to add some life to your outdoor spaces. We have a video on our YouTube channel where Rob Baughman shares some tips for creating an outdoor living space. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2js4RkB794U
- When you head inside for some cleaning, make sure your dryer is free of lint. Do a thorough cleaning and be sure to pay attention not only to the filter but also to the vent hose. Dryer lint is one of the leading causes of house fires, so making sure your dryer is lint free is important! Check out this video on our YouTube channel that shows you how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdVIqaLoFdo
- Examine your windows and make sure they are in good working order. Look for cracks in the caulking. If you find dried out caulking, you may want to consider having it replaced.
- The change of seasons is a great time to clean your kitchen cabinets. Instead of using a chemical cleaner, use a mixture of hot water with dishwashing soap or vinegar poured into a spray bottle. You don’t want to soak your cabinets, so spray a rag until it’s damp and then wipe down each cabinet. If you run into any grooves or trim that’s hard to get clean with a rag, an old toothbrush should do the trick! Finally, give them a once-over with a rag dampened in plain water and then be sure to dry them with a soft dry cloth
- If you want to spruce up your kitchen, adding some new towels or potholders in spring colors and a bowl of seasonal fruit on the table or countertop can give your space some new life.
If your Spring Cleaning Day should lead to a daydream of a new kitchen, bathroom or outdoor living space, we would love to help turn your dreams into reality! Give us a call at 615-480-0267. We can’t wait to help you Fall Back In Love With Your Home!